Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Maze Solver - Not So Great...

    Ok, so I solved one maze from 1993.  It was a maze from a competition known to make hard mazes.  I created another maze from a 2004 competition.  It solved the maze.  It back solved by a different route.  It did its speed run on a totally new route and got stuck.  I'm just starting to work this out.  Here is the maze if you want to try it out:
Example Maze 2
  
    On the other hand, it does solve this maze from 2002 that I recreated.  It looks like I run into problems on two fronts.  First, if the first run and back solve don't reveal enough of the maze.  Second, if a run hits an unexplored region and the only open spaces available have cell values greater than the current cell.  I need to solve the "stuck" problem for sure.  I will also want to add more "exploration" to the back solve phase.

   Here is the other maze I was able to solve successfully ( if not optimally; I haven't checked ):
Example Maze 3

No comments:

Post a Comment