Search This Blog

Sunday, November 21, 2010

BootLoader - Faster

Just made the changes to up the speed to 8MHz at 19200 baud.  Still flawless performance and no rewrites.  Tried loading my robot code (317 words ) and it flew in about as fast or faster than my programmer.  And I didn't have to unplug anything!!!  I'll eventually add in support for programming data memory as well.  I don't have a need for it as of now, so no hurry.

I noticed that I left a small gaff in the python code.  The python code doesn't check the startSignal value to make sure it is what I was waiting for.  I was getting some off values once in awhile.  Once this happened, it kept happening until I had rebooted my laptop.  My guess is that it is either something to do with the startup of the USART on the pic or the buffer on my PC's USART.  Or it could be a bug in the Python uspp code...  I'm not too stressed about it.  The rest of the code is pretty bullet proof for version 0.0.1.

Now that it is finally working, I can't help tweaking it. ;}

EDIT:
Still pushing things.  I removed the gaff.  I now expect the pic to send the correct start signal.  It's working fine.  I upped the baud rate to 38.4k baud.  At 8MHz internal, the datasheet says the error rate is +0.16%.  So far: flawless.

No comments:

Post a Comment